RoseGirls Candles Customer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RoseGirls Candles Customer Forum

A gathering place for users of Rosegirls Candles to meet and discuss RoseGirls Candles products.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What'cha Meltin'?

+3
Semperfigal
slpit
Scentipede
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty What 'cha Meltin'? Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:15 pm

Scentipede

Rocky Mountain downstairs and it feels as though I just walked into a forest full of pine trees in some remote, northern woods! It's cool and crisp and so unlike any other pine scent I've ever smelled!

For the upstairs, I'm melting the Lavender/Sage Nougat. These two scents have always been my favorites, for as long as I can remember and I've never come across anything like this before. Sure, it's out there and I've smelled some stuff that was just "ok", but this, it is the utmost perfect balance of the two. It's a marriage made in heaven! My home is very earthy tonight and I'm going to stay up late to enjoy these heavenly scents!

27What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:31 am

Semperfigal

Scentipede, I love Rocky Mountain, and I know what you mean about the pine scents, some are like Lysol and those disgusting car air-freshners! Kathy's is like you said a cool crisp scent, reminds me of the great outdoors in Colorado! Have you ever tried Cinnamon Pinecones? It's got that sweetness that you mentioned with that fresh pine scent too! I melted it after the Holidays and really liked it! Today it's Kitchen Spice in the kitchen, and Blackberry Jam Butterscotch/ Vanilla Hazelnut Mocha in the family room. This afternoon I'm baking banana nut bread, so I'm trying to use a bakery scent that will blend. I love the Lavender/ Sage that you mentioned, it's my daughter's fave and hard to keep for myself! Lavender and Pink Sugar is a blend I like too, the floral and sweet mingle and create a real downtime fave of mine!

28What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:24 pm

slpit

Oh man, you guys are such enablers. I am making a list for an order and keep adding.

Today, for me, it is simply the best scent ever...Kathy's Creme Brulee..nothing else needed.
Have a great weekend Very Happy

29What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty What 'cha meltin'? Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:28 pm

Scentipede

Oh Slpit -- you are a 'creme brulee junkee' - LOL! That is totally understandable, it is a good one! And I know what you mean about the "enabling" -- I'm the same way. I have a constant, running list of "what to get next." Today I am melting Hypnotic Vanilla and I'm loving it! So smooth and sweet and I find it even has a romantic tone to it. Ahhh, RG Bliss!

30What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty What'cha Meltin'? Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:00 am

mallemo

You ladies are spot on with some of my favorites. Vanilla Bean Noel, Indonesian Teak, Rocky Mountain, and Cool Citrus Basil are ones I make sure to have lots of. When I'm melting VBN everyone always wants to know what I'm baking! It's wonderful!!

31What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:46 am

slpit

Today's start is an oldie but goodie for me...Herb Patch. Just clean, refreshing and smooth...almost makes the humidity disappear.

Scentipede, you are spot on. I am a RG Creme Brulee junkie and can never get enough. Embarassed I have not melted Vanilla Romance in a while so I will have to add that to my ever growing list. I have so much stash, but i just love playing with those little brown bags.. lol!

32What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:13 am

Semperfigal

Slpit, I didn't find creme brulee offered on the ebay site. Did you order it recently? Sounds really good, maybe I can find at the RG online store. I love Lavender Vanilla with Herb Patch, and I have had the Spiced Pumpkin with Creme Brulee, both were really nice! Today I'm melting Dreamsicle with Vanilla Waffers. Taking the grandkids for a picnic at the state park. They've been wanting to go and ride their bikes on the bike trails, so we're loading up and making a day of it.The swimming pool there will be a welcome treat, might even go down the water slide! LOL Everyone have a lovely Sunday, holler back at you this evening!

33What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:54 am

slpit

Hi Semperfigal

She had put it back on the list before she closed for surgery, but I didn't notice it as a stand alone scent when the sites opened back up. Since it is being used in combos maybe she will add it back for fall. I sure hope so, but I do have a big stash. However, I use it so much it will go in no time. Please Kathy, can we have it again? It is a very unique brulee and so different from others. I don't really casre for the regular since I have used Kathy's. It has slight chocolate and orange notes that add to the blend but are not stand alone scents..they just make it good!!!!

34What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:57 pm

slpit

This evenings melt is Cinnamon Donuts. I love this. I will definitely wake up hungry. Night all. Cool

35What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:03 pm

slpit

Today's melts are

In the living room it is Black Raspberry Vanilla/Key Lime Pie chunk cup

Comp room is Lavender Vanilla brittle

These are both so nice.

I also caved on the eBay sale...just couldn't pass up those sales cheers

36What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty What 'cha meltin'? Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:44 pm

Scentipede

Hi Slpit!

I took a peek on ebay too and I have no business being there as I’m waiting for my RG Treasure Box to come in – LOL! We are truly RG Junkies! My hubby’s buddy got divorced and had to get his own place, we helped him move in and my while my husband helped with the hard labor of things, I helped by giving him a plant and an electric simmer pot, complete with RG scents – and he LOVES it! LOL! Who says melting is just for girls?? To get him hooked, I started him out with Black by Kenneth Cole, then (since he loves to cook), Cozy Comfort/Birthday Cake and I just sent hubby over there with Cool Water and Green Apple! So now while my hubby is watching the game, he will really feel “right at home” with RG scents wafting through the air!

Today I’m melting (and I think it’s one of your faves) – Strawberry Shortcake!!

37What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:16 pm

slpit

Scentipede that is so cool that he likes scents. Actually, I think more men do than we realize. My husband is always commenting on how good something smells and wants to know the name and then later on he will ask me to burn it again. he started out mainly liking florals and outdoor scents as he is an outdoor person...BUT THEN...enter my Creme Brulee...he is becoming a bakery scent fanatic. I also gave my brother-in-law a simmer pot many years ago and he still uses it. He always liked the fall scents I had going when he came at Thanksgiving.

Oh, what are we to do with ourselves...RG Junkies...I like that title. Cool

38What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:10 pm

Scentipede

Hi Slpit!

My hubby likes the bakery scents too – although he usually thinks I’m baking something and then gets bummed out to find the oven cold and empty! Today I am melting Berry Bundt Cake and it’s so yummy! I don’t know if it’s the change in temperature or seasons, but I’m so sluggish and tired today – think I’m going to make me a cup of coffee and melt some RG coffee to keep the caffeine in the air!Sleep

39What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:19 pm

slpit

I am feeling sluggish too. it is a beautiful day here with sunshine and cool temp but the stuuf in the air is really bothering me lately. Makes my eyes heavy and can't stop coughing. So far I can still smell OK. But I know what you mean Scentipede.

Decided to lighten things up a bit and maybe lighten my mood so I put on Pink Sugar/VBN Nougat melt. This is so good and such a fun scent.

I hope you get your energy back Scentipede. We a taking a few days off starting Thursday so maybe a change of scenery will help. Has been a while.

40What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:48 pm

Semperfigal

Slpit, Happy Days are here again! I see Kathy added your Creme Brulee back on the menu! I can't wait to order and try as a stand alone! That is if I beat you to it and you don't hoard it all up!LOL! Tonite I'm melting Cinnamon Donuts with Apple Danish in the kitchen and Cranberry Lodge in the family room. Cozy and down home feeling here! I am munching on a slice of toasted cinnamon raisin bread from Pannera Bakery and sipping a cup of Starbucks Christmas blend with carmel vanilla creamer! GOOD STUFF, all around! Watching Food Network, and enjoying some downtime. I might shop the RG site for some of that Creme Brulee, OK Slpit, on your mark...get set...GO!

41What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:26 pm

Scentipede

Happy Wednesday everybody!

Today I'm melting Orange Danish and this has always been a favorite of mine. Kathy's bakery scents are truly right-on target! And let's not even start talking about her chocolate scents! I never used to really care for chocolate scented candles/tarts, because I always found them be kind of fake - but RG's -- look out! My all-time faves: Choc Chip Cookies, Choc Walnut Espresso and back in the day of clamshells -- Choc Covered Cherries!!!! The vending machine is calling me now! Laughing

42What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:31 pm

slpit

This mornings melt before I left for work was Cinnamon Donuts. When I got home it smelled glorious. Wonderful scent.

43What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty What 'cha meltin'? Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:23 pm

Scentipede

Hi everyone!

Today I'm melting Cool Water & Lavender Vanilla! It's so incredible! Manly yet with a soft feminine tone! Hope you're all melting your faves today!!

44What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:08 pm

firefly570

McIntosh Madness for me today, now that they are out of hoarding. I'm still gonna use them sparingly, cause I"m planning on getting some scents I haven't tried instead of reordering the same scents. Gotta hold onto some of each scent! This smells like the basket of apples the farmer used to drop off on our porch when I was young, with a few leaves & the stems. Very realistic. I don't think real apples smell this good anymore, what with all the chemicals they use.

I totally agree about the Vanilla Oak. It is fabulous. It's such a unique scent & it seems everybody (male, female, old, young) enjoys it.

You guys got me interested in the Creme Brulee & now I don't see it on either site. You guys must've bought it all up already.

Slpit, that Wind Chimes sounds great! It's another one on my to-try list.

Semperfigal, thanks for mentioning that licorice is in the Blue Sugar. It is moving to the top of my to-try list! Maybe Kathy will make a straight licorice or anise one day. Yum!

45What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:41 pm

Scentipede

I love MacIntosh Madness! You're right too, on the fact
that apples don't smell like they used to. I went to an
apple orchard last weekend and you would think, that amidst all
those apple trees, it would smell like apples? Nope! I found
out that they used pesticides so I only bought a few to be
polite. I usually buy only organic apples and those do smell
like apples.

Have you tried the MacIntosh Madness/Love Spell combo? All I can
say is, OH MAN!!!!!!! You've got to give that one a try!

Licorice and Anise are scents I love too! I would like to see
these come on board as well!

46What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:42 pm

firefly570

I've been buying from a farmer's market & actually I don't think any of the produce smells or tastes like it used to. I got some peaches last week & they really weren't sweet & were kinda hard & mealy. I left them out to ripen & they started to rot within hours. Carrots seem to be woody & bitter, watermelon isn't as sweet & good as it used to be, even tomatoes aren't that good anymore. Oh, I am so dissapointed. I will have to see if there's a source of organic in my area.

No, I haven't tried the MacIntosh Madness/Love Spell combo. I don't think I've tried any of the combos yet. I kinda like to see what they smell like alone, then I'd have a good idea of how they'd be in a combo. Those nougats sure are looking tantalizing though!

Good to see another Licorice/Anise lover! I bet there's more of us out there. I seem to lean towards the most unusual scents. I love it when my house smells so different from everyone else's.

47What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:28 pm

Semperfigal

Well with all this apple talk, you made me dig thru my stash and get into my fall scents early! I was wanting to wait till after Labor Day, but what the heck! Todays Menu McIntosh Madness with Love Spell, and Cinnamon Donuts with Apple Danish. I'm in the Kitchen this AM, making what else? Fresh apple cake with cream cheese frosting, you made me do it, the house smelled so daggone yummy I couldn't resist! Yesterday afternoon we received our two little miracles, Ayela Marie and Makenna Anne! They of course are the most precious angels in the nursery, no bias here! They weighed in at 5.11 and 5.3 and were 18 and 19ins. respectivley. They were 36wks. delivered c-section, and praise the Lord all doing great, no issues at all! I will be going to the hospital to baptise them in Granny kisses this afternoon, and will take their cake with 2 pink candles for their Mommy to blow out and all to enjoy! Rosegirls you all have a Appleicious Day!

48What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:07 pm

Scentipede

Semperfigal -- congrats to you and your daughter! How awesome to have twin grand-babies! Glad to hear everyone is doing great! Have you ever melted Kathy's "Innocence" -- here's the descript:

Innocence - A soothingly serene blend of pink, honey-like sweet pea petals dusted with baby powder. A heart-warming scent that’s sure to bring on a smile or two as well as memories of tiny fingers reaching for tiny toes!

I'm not sure if this is available anymore or not, but maybe ebay???

49What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:51 pm

Semperfigal

Hey Scentipede, thanks I'll have to check and see if I have Innocence, I might have it in my sample stash, I don't remember ordering that one. I ordered Snuggle Baby when I found out that the two girls were expecting, along with 2 pink combo melters when they found out they would both be expecting girls. The twins are my son and daughter-in-law's, but my daughter will deliver by c-section in 2 weeks, another girl! yeah! She and my son-in-law have a daughter, Cydni, she is 20 mos. old. They live in Louisville, Ky, about an hour and 30 mins. away from us. We get to have her stay with us for a few days, that should be wild! Our middle daughter, her husband and our two oldest grandkids live next door, so Cyd will probably end up spending some time at their house also. My husband and I raised 5 kids, it was a zoo most days, but always fun! Thanks for the scent idea, and if I don't have Innocence, I'll just have to expand the old wish list! Have a nice evening, no melting for me tonight, I'm hittin the hay!

50What'cha Meltin'? - Page 2 Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:29 pm

Scentipede

Hi Semperfigal! You truly sound blessed with such a great
(and expanding) family! Time really goes by fast doesn't it?
My husband and I do not have any children, but man, when we visit
friends who do, we are hit over the head with how big they got
since the last time we seen them. Kids are such a measure of
time passing by. Sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun
with your new grandbabies!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum