RoseGirls Candles Customer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RoseGirls Candles Customer Forum

A gathering place for users of Rosegirls Candles to meet and discuss RoseGirls Candles products.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What'cha Meltin'?

+3
Semperfigal
slpit
Scentipede
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1What'cha Meltin'? Empty What'cha Meltin'? Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:42 pm

Scentipede

Right now I'm melting RG's Absolute Coffee and it's amazing! I've been ordering for a few years now and I never got the Coffee until recently and it is awesome! It is like a fresh bag of whole roasted Columbian beans! Now I'm craving a steamy cup of joe -- gotta go!

2What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:31 am

slpit

It's Strawberry Shortcake and this is soooo good. I am almost out....dang

But I am excited. I just ordered the Creme Brulee/Apple Butter Combo. Kathy has the best Creme Brulee there is. Can't wait to get this one to try.

3What'cha Meltin'? Empty What' cha Meltin? Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:07 am

Scentipede

Oooh, I love Kathy's Creme Brulee also! It is SO realistic. Another one I love is her ‘birthday cake’ – yum-a-licious!

Today I will be melting a “noug” of Twigs & Berries & Vanilla Oak. If any of you have not tried this one yet, please, give it a try because it is so beautiful, I’d buy it as a perfume if I could!! And for this afternoon, I've got Chocolate Walnut Expresso on hand -- again, yum-a-licious!

4What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:12 pm

slpit

Oh, Scentipede, I have been wondering about the Twigs n Berries/Vanilla Oak. Vanilla Oak is the very first scent I ever melted from Kathy and it is superb. Very Happy So you have enabled me. I will have to get that one the next time I ordered. I like that Walnut Expresso one too. I got some of the wickless votives a while back.

5What'cha Meltin'? Empty What'cha Meltin'? Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:53 pm

Scentipede

Hi slpit! I'm so glad you're going to give the Twigs & Berries
& Vanilla Oak a try -- you will not be disapointed! And I too,
had Vanilla Oak as one of my first purchases and I love that
one a lot! I love the scents that have that woody, masculine
tone to them. And this one, TB/VO has the best of both worlds!
Another one of my ATF's (all-time-faves) is Strawberry Tango! I
have that one melting right now. I even use the aroma beads
in my car. I place them on my heat/air vents on the dash and
my car is Rosegirls scented all the time! LOL!

6What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:20 pm

slpit

I got my lastest Rosegirl's order today. My wonderful Lemon Confection/7 Up Poound Cake, Pink Sugar/VBN, and a new one for me Creme Brulee/Apple Butter.

So I had to try the new one. Let me tell you this Creme Brulee/Apple Butter one really fools you. I have it in my living room and it began to throw immediately. From the smell I was getting I thought it would be medium in strength but with the ability to permeate a room. I was DEAD wrong. I went back into the room a little later and this is a BIG TIME scent. Huge throw to 3 rooms at least. It is a real old fashioned Apple Butter that is apple and spices without all the sugar. The Creme Brulee smooths it out and it is a wonderful crisp, tart fall scent with just a touch of sweetness from the Brulee. A winner in my book!!! cheers bounce

7What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Scentipede

Thanks for the description Slpit -- I love Kathy's Apple Butter and
- now with the Creme Brulee, it's time to get my FBS list out (Future Brittle
Scents)!! I used to think one day I'd catch with Kathy's list
of scents, but came to realize, it's an infinite goal as Kathy is
always creating new wonders!

8What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:42 pm

Semperfigal

Kathy, what do you like to melt? Do you have a "go to scent"? I mean if I had YOUR stash! WOW! When you're you, and you've got the good stuff everyday, for life,(soooo jealous) what do you melt?

9What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:45 pm

Semperfigal

I'm home this stormy afternoon, recovering from recent surgery and trying to create that "snuggled under a warm blanket" feeling. Melting Balance Recapture with Lavender Vanilla in my bedroom. Smells very tranquil and feminine, my daughter and 5yr. old granddaughter just dropped by to check on me and drop off a beautiful homemade strawberry pie for my DH's after supper treat.The berrries are from our garden, my husband and granddaughter picked yesterday, normally two pies come from a single picking. My husband told me Erin's bucket was a little light, her method was more one for the bucket and 3 for her. When he asked her what happened, she claimed the bunny's must have had a picnic last night! That girl is a mess! I'm melting Sweet Cinn. Pumpkin with Celtic Moon in the Kitchen, very homecomming scent. No better medicine for me today than the healing powers of home, thanks Kathy for that magic only you can do.

10What'cha Meltin'? Empty What'cha Meltin'? Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:21 pm

Scentipede

Hi Semperfigal -- I could just feel myself relax when reading
your post on the cozy scents! I love Celtic Moonspice alot.
It is rainy here now and I have Pumpkin Coffee goin' on right
now. Sure could use one of them pies you're talking about!
My hubby loves cherries and I think I'm going to have to pick
him up a pie soon. I'm a great cook, but as a baker, fugget-
about it!

11What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:58 am

slpit

I am starting my day off in the best possible way and melting Sweet Lemon Confection/7 Up Cake chunk cup tart. This is just heavenly. I cannot get enough of this combo and I noticed it is offered again. cheers

12What'cha Meltin'? Empty What' cha Meltin? Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Scentipede

Today's pleasure is Sweet Kisses! Hope everyone is having a great day cheers

13What'cha Meltin'? Empty Hazelnut & Birthday Cake Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:11 pm

Admin

Admin

This is my new favorite Hazelnut & Birthday Cake. Laughing The scent combination is yummy.Sweet Lemon Confection/7 Up Cake is another of my favorites and added it as a signiture scent tart.

http://rosegirlscandles.com

14What'cha Meltin'? Empty What' cha Meltin? Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:20 am

Scentipede

Today I'm melting Lemongrass & Sage! It's such a beautiful scent! It makes me feel like I'm walking through a forest early in the morning taking in the crisp, dewy air!

15What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Semperfigal

Hey my new order just arrived today, so I'm melting a new scent in my bedroom this afternoon. Cool Water/ with Lavender Vanilla, it's so fresh and clean, revitalizing scent. I love this one, offers a changeup from the bakery scents and the tropical scents I've been using. Everyone have a great evening!

16What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:01 pm

slpit

Yesterday when i got home from work I decided to try the freebie Kathy put in my latest order. It is called Wind Chimes and I have not tried it before. Well it is still going strong. What a refreshing scent.

17What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:37 pm

Semperfigal

Today I'm melting Citrus Frenzy in the kitchen, and in the family room it's Pina Colada/Banana Kiwi, trying to create a Tropical atmosphere. Tonite I'm making jerk chicken with corn on the cob for dinner for DH, he has been such a great nurse to me the last week and I want to fix him a relaxing dinner for two. I've got coconut fried shrimp with orange marmalade style dipping sauce as appetizers with a Pina Colada Smoothie to get us started. Will be relaxing around the fire pit, and enjoying the cool summer nite. Got these yummy recipes off the food network, Paula Deen's renditions. Can't wait to eat! Enjoy your weekend everyone.

18What'cha Meltin'? Empty Whatcha' Meltin' Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:06 am

Scentipede

Wow Semperfigal -- your night sounds amazing! Your plans
for dinner had my mouth watering! You must be an awesome cook!
Hope you guys had a wonderful evening. When you mentioned
the "Food Network" -- did you get a chance to follow the
reality show about who will be the next "Food Network Star?" I
never really watched it until my friend's brother was on it this
season, Jeffrey Saad! He made it to the final two and we were
all on pins and needles at the finale. Aside from being friends
with his sister, and being non-biased, I truly hoped he would
win and was so bummed when he didn't. He was energetic and
exciting to watch. I say he should have his own show on The
Travel Channel!

19What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:07 am

Semperfigal

Scentipede our dinner was perfect, we had a very beautiful evening from start to finish! I wish I were a talented cook, I love to try new recipes, and love to watch Food Network to get some truely easy and different ideas. My husband and I are empty nesters, with five grown children, and 3 grandchildren and 3 new little ones due in September. Our youngest son and his wife are expecting their first, identical twin girls at that! It's been quite an evolution, from hurry in from work and scramble to get a meal for 8 on the table, same old menus week after week, to cooking for two again. That's how I got started with Food Network, to break the grind and see what new ideas were out there, and the variety is endless! Much better for me than a cookbook, I need that visual learning reinforcement! The chef hosts personalities really add to my enjoyment! I remember Jeffery! How thrilling to have that connection, he really was very talented and I know you all were very proud of his performance throughout the series! He appeared very comfortable on-air, and I agree his energy and passion for cooking added a special quality that most successful hosts seem to have. For this Monday I am melting absolute coffee in the kitchen, and bun-in-the-oven in the family room. Smells delicious, wish you could all come by and we could have a real rosegirls chat!

20What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:12 pm

Scentipede

Semperfigal – a Rosegirls chat in your setting sounds divine!! I know what you mean about the “same old menus every week” – that’s my story nowadays. I work full time and by the time I get home, I don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking as the night flies by so quickly. But I do try to cook nutritious, tasty meals and I’ve become real good friends with my crockpot! I have never really watched The Food Network until Jeffrey was on it and now you’ve inspired me to give it a chance. It is a great way to learn how to cook. We should start a “recipe exchange” thread! I’d love to try something that someone else has had success with!

It sounds like you’ve been blessed with a beautiful family and how lucky for them to come over and taste what mom/grandma is cooking! My husband and I chose not to have any children, but we do spend a lot of time with our nieces. 2 girls, 12 & 13 and they are the nicest girls and I’m so proud of them. We took them to the zoo yesterday and when they got in the car, my sis-in-law shouts “no fighting!” and my niece bellows back “no promises!!” LOL! I got them hooked on brittle! As their aunt, I felt it was my duty to recruit some really, really, young Rosegirls addicts! I bought them each electric simmer pots and they can’t stop telling me what they’re melting and mixing! On the way to the zoo, my husband had to listen to us rant about what we were all melting! LOL!

21What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:23 pm

slpit

Today I am melting an all time favorite fruit scent Pear. This is so good and refreshing.

I too am a Food network fan. I love the competition shows and learn a lot from them. I don't cook fancy like that, but use a lot of their ideas with what I have. My husband grew up with meat and potatoes and it has been a long journey but he is now into salads of any type, stir fry, panini's etc.so I have a lot of fun creating. Our daughter is grown and it is hard to cook for 2. She always had lots of teens around and the food output was big. I must have created some traditions for her as she is always asking for something i use to make. I gave them such crazy names I have to think what she is asking for. She is now a dietitian and has recently gone totally vegetarian..so I am learning a lot of things when trying to put meals on for out get togetheres. Not a big meat eater, but now and then I need a really decadent burger!!! Very Happy

22What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:00 pm

Semperfigal

Slpit, that is really cool to have that connection with your daughter, you passed on alot of love with those crazy named dishes. Food brings families and friends together and helps create some really great memories, so I say let's eat, drink and be merry! If you have a good veggie burger recipe, please share it here! We could all benefit from a more healthy diet plan, and for me the first step is an interesting new recipe. Like you I can really get a craving for a backyard grilled burger, corn on the cob, thick slices of red, ripe homegrown tomatoes, and a tall glass of iced sweet tea! Tonite I'm melting Raspberry Zinger Cake, Kathy sent it as a freebie some months back, it smells just like the Hostess Zingers! Oh my gosh, I want a Zinger now really bad! Great now my addiction for RG's is contributing to my addiction to food! No kidding I am seriously thinking about running up to the conveinence store and grabbing some Zingers, the only reason I won't is because I don't want my DH to know that yes I have gone off the edge! Laughing

23What'cha Meltin'? Empty What 'cha meltin'? Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:55 pm

Scentipede

Today I'm melting blue sugar! It's perfect for this rainy, gloomy day! It's a very relaxing scent so between that, the rain and staring at a monitor all day, all I can say is, "can somebody get me a pillow!"

24What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:30 pm

Semperfigal

Hey Scentipede, I'm melting Blue Sugar mixed with some Moods Sweet Craving to kinda give it a sweeter more mellow tone! I haven't melted Blue Sugar in a while, we must've been on the same scent wave today! I love Pink Sugar alot, and thought I'd try this one too! I love the licorice notes in the Blue and the cotton candy notes in the Pink! I like to mix Pink Sugar with Vanilla Bean Noel. I got another order from Kathy today, I can't wait to try the Cool Citrus Basil with Pink Pepperberry! It's in the Palm wax that she's now discontinued. I think the the throw is better with the Palm wax, and I like the fact that you can change out the wax without sticking the bowl in the freezer too! Like I said before, all I have to do is like it and it's done for! Hah! Enjoyed sharing the Blues with you, have a nice evening!

25What'cha Meltin'? Empty Re: What'cha Meltin'? Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:32 pm

Scentipede

Hi Semperfigal!

LOL on “sharing the blues” with me – that was clever! What a great combo idea, I will have to try that one as I really love the MSC scent. I need to get some Vanilla Bean Noel (VBN) – that is one I don’t have. I like using Hypnotic Vanilla to sweeten things up, but now I’m curious about the VBN!

I have tried the Cool Citrus Basil/Pink Pepperberry and it is wonderful! It’s very different and that’s what I love about Kathy’s combos – uniquely beautiful!

I do love the palm wax as well and love the easy “pop out” feature!

Today’s winner was Indonesian Teak. I love the soft, powdery notes to it. Have you ever had the “Rocky Mountain” scent? All I can say is, I can’t have enough of it. I’m really picky about pine scents and that one rocks! It is pine with a hint of sugar! At least that’s what I get out of it and like I said, can’t get enough of it! Think I’ll melt that one tonight! Who says we have to wait for fall or winter?? Happy melting!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum