RoseGirls Candles Customer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RoseGirls Candles Customer Forum

A gathering place for users of Rosegirls Candles to meet and discuss RoseGirls Candles products.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Recipe Network

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Recipe Network Empty The Recipe Network Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:14 pm

Scentipede

I have recently begun to really enjoy creative salads! As much
as I love to have a variety of flavor, color is key too! So
here's my favorite salad.

Mixed green baby romaine
tomatoes
cucumbers
walnuts
raisins (in the summer, I use those adorable champagne grapes)
broccoli
croutons
Poppyseed Dressing

Note: I've searched for a long time for the best poppyseed
dressing and finally found it. It's by Bolthouse Farms
and it is a yogurt-based, all natural, no preservatives dressing!
It is on the sweet side and sweets is my downfall, but having it
in a salad takes some of the guilt away!!

2The Recipe Network Empty Re: The Recipe Network Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:19 am

slpit

OK...I will be brave and post a not so healthy recipe, but it has it's healthy points too I guess...this is one of our comfort foods and a family tradition recipe all year but especially around the holidays

I Lovingly called it Doggie Dip

Brown 2 lbs of ground beef and chopped onions to taste and drain and rinse.

Return to pan and add:
1 can fat free refried beans
1/2 jar salsa or an amount to your liking
Velveeta cheese to form a nice scoopable consistency
salt and pepper to taste
Simmer for a bit so flavors blend and don't forget to stir.

To serve we make a meal of it

Place meat mixture on plate, top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, or whatever you like on a taco type dish. Top with salsa and ranch dressing or sour cream. Circle the plate with nachos and dig in.

3The Recipe Network Empty Re: The Recipe Network Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:38 pm

Semperfigal

Wow that Doggie Dip sounds doggone delicious! My daughters and daughter-in-law are comming tonite for Bunko, and I am making that for them. Thanks slpit, I'll holler back and let ya know what they thought, I know they'll love it! Thanks scentipede for starting this thread, I think it is gonna be great to share our creative talents in the kitchen too! Gotta run and get cooking, they'll be here at 7:00.

4The Recipe Network Empty Doggie Dip Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:25 pm

Scentipede

Hi all!

Semperfigal - how did Slpit's Doggie Dip turn out for you? I'm thinking of givintg that one a try next time the boys watch football!!

I left a Peach Cobbler recipe at work and will post tomorrow. I've never made a cobbler of any type before, but I think I'll "brave the bakery" this time and see how it turns out. My luck with baking is just not there. The first time I attempted to make a cheesecake turned out disastrous. I never made it again. The baggage from the experience still hurts - LOL! I did everything I was supposed to with painstaking patience. After it was done baking, I pulled it out of the oven and it somehow slipped from my hands and landed on the floor -- upside-friggin'-down! LOL! Talk about a bummer!

5The Recipe Network Empty Re: The Recipe Network Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:58 am

Semperfigal

Hey Scentipede, Slpit's recipe Rocked! My girl's couldn't get enough. I had to send the recipe home with my daughter-in-law, because my son snuck a taste when he dropped her off. They devoured it, along with the Strawberry Margaritas I made in my Margaritaville Maker I just got from QVC. We had a fun night and I know your guys will love her recipe, you gotta give it a try!

6The Recipe Network Empty Re: The Recipe Network Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:18 pm

slpit

Semperfigal I am soooo glad they all liked the Doggie Dip. I forgot to mention that you can also use the meat mixture on a pizza crust, top with a little grated cheese and baked and then it makes a great taco pizza with whatever toppings you then want to put on it. Also a big batch freezes well.

7The Recipe Network Empty Re: The Recipe Network Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:33 pm

Semperfigal

Slpit,That would be great too! Thanks for the recipe, everyone just loved it! We have Taco Tuesday with my 8 yr. old grandson who lives next door, his 5 yr. old sister has dance and cheer class and he comes and stays with Granny and Poppy to avoid " girl junk ". We let him build his own soft shell or hard shell tacos, and he loves it. He always makes extras because sis is starving after her classes! We will try our hand at taco pizza nest Tuesday, tacos and pizza are his faves! Thanks again, for the suggestion!

8The Recipe Network Empty Re: The Recipe Network Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:54 am

slpit

HEALTHY ROLL UPS

I have often made these as ready made snacks in the fridge or you can slice and the pinwheel effect is attractive for parties etc. Have also found that people that are not bread eaters like this. The elderly I work with say it doesn't get all gummy like bread when they eat and is easier to swallow.

Low fat tortillas
Spread your favorite condiment on (I use Ranch dressing made with skim milk to cut the fat)
Layer with turkey, ham or your favorite lean meats
Top with sliced mozz cheese and lettuce leaf.
Roll up tightly and wrap in saran wrap if using later.

Eat as a sandwich or in slices. You can even put a little dip on the side if you like. Kids seem to like that and they can make their own.

9The Recipe Network Empty TRN Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Scentipede

Hi Slpit!

Love the roll-ups idea! I'm going to make those tomorrow
and I think I'm going to add a few pepperocini peppers in there
for some zing! Thanks for the recipe!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum