RoseGirls Candles Customer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RoseGirls Candles Customer Forum

A gathering place for users of Rosegirls Candles to meet and discuss RoseGirls Candles products.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Introducing people to new things

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Introducing people to new things Empty Re: Introducing people to new things Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:54 am

Semperfigal

Slpit, how wonderful to share something you loved in your childhood with our seniors! Memories are made more special when shared with others. We all have that inner child that can connect us, no matter what our age. I love pedicures, smores and melting RG's, how lucky that 89yr. old lady is to have you for her friend! Way to go Slpit, you exemplify the true spirit of Rosegirls! Kudos to you for all you do!

2Introducing people to new things Empty Cook Outs and rewarding job:) Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:40 am

Admin

Admin

We have Packer cookouts where I work.I have always found it very rewarding working with the elderly and missed it when I tried to retire early.

http://rosegirlscandles.com

3Introducing people to new things Empty Introducing people to new things Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:58 am

slpit

This is a little different topic, but I had such a great time tonight I had to share. One of my job responsibilities is to manage the congregate senior meal site in our local community. This often involves leisure activities and so we decided to have a cookout at the local state park. We planned the who, what, when and where and then I said I would bring what we needed for smores. A lady, said I never heard of that. What are they? I was flabbergasted. Shocked So tonight she made herself one for the first time. Then she made another and then she was thinking of another. It was like time was forgotten and they joys of childhood flooded in. I watched as they all roasted their weinnies and their marshmallows and they became young again, laughing and joking. And the 89 year old lady who had never had a smore was the same person last winter who came for a pedicure and her toes nail polished for the very first time in her life. It reminds me of the little things we take for granted that make us feel good and I forget how simple they are to give to others. Oh, and 2 of my people have become regular wax melting addicts. They love to come to my house and pick out their goodies. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum